Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day Four: Color Wheel Mandalas

On my final day at Saint James high school, I began the Art 1 classes with a "Friday Flick." Mrs. Mitchell shows a video every Friday to go along with the lesson she is currently doing with the class or a preview of a future lesson. This Friday, I chose a video showing the construction and deconstruction of a Tibetan sand mandala. As the students watched the video, I explained to them the idea of the sand mandala and what it represents. After the video, I showed examples of the sand mandalas and we discussed the color schemes used within them. This lead to their final project of a color wheel mandala where they had to create their own design and show each hue with their tint, shade, and complement. Due to Thanksgiving break, most of the students haven't finished their mandalas, but below are a few finished ones and some in the process. I really enjoyed my time at St. James High School. Mrs. Mitchell is an amazing art teacher and her students were very welcoming and respectful. For more mandala lesson ideas and hopefully more completed color mandalas in the future you can visit my website: http://rglindblade.weebly.com/



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment